Friday, January 27, 2012

Life in Alphabet - P

is for Parents. To be more specific, my parents! Who I love to bits! We don't live close to them, but they are an important part of our lives and have been there for the hard times in my life... always a phone call away, no matter how far away we are.

They raised me in a Christian home, which I'll be eternally grateful and thankful for. They continue to be a wonderful role model in their strong faith. They love their granddaughter with as much love as they can give and Little Spring loves them just as much... just secretly though (so don't tell anyone!), she has a very soft spot for "Poppa". Of course, she loves Nana just as much, but there's something very special about Poppa and Little Spring's relationship. I love seeing the two of them together, and how Little Spring's eyes light up whenever she sees a picture of her poppa, points and calls his name. Or, when she pretends to talk to him on the phone.

Mum and Dad just celebrated their 38th wedding anniversary earlier this month. Congratulations! I pray they have many more years ahead of them.

The veil that Mum is wearing in this picture, is the same veil that I wore for my wedding, just with a different headpiece, to match my dress. Just before this picture was taken, when Dad was picking Mum up, he knocked her head on the wishing well in the background. It hurt, but thankfully there was no blood! The dress Mum is wearing was crocheted by a friend in a different state and Mum didn't get to try it on until the week of her wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment