Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy New Year

Yes, I realise that I'm 23 days late, but today feels like my 'new year'. Big Spring has been on holidays for 2.5 weeks or so, which means I have as well (so much as a mum can actually be on holidays!). We didn't go anywhere; we just spent the time at home, doing heaps of work around the house (inside and out) and entertaining some dear friends who were visiting.

But getting back to my 'new year'... Big Spring went back to work today, and Mainly Music (a music activity I take Little Spring to) has started again this morning. We'll be getting back into routine, which I'm actually craving! I made sure I got all my washing finished and house cleaned yesterday (I made a resolution a number of years back not to do any housework on a Sunday, unless I really had to and it's the first resolution - ever - that I've actually kept!). Anyway, with that out of the way (it had piled up a bit, while slacking off on 'holidays'!), I felt I could start this morning with a fresh start.

You know how you wake up on New Year's Day, thinking it's a new year and new start and a chance to make new, good, habits that you promise yourself you'll stick to? That's how I feel today! I'm feeling positive based on how this morning is going (it's only early, but it's going well all the same!).

Did you make any new year's resolutions? If so, how are you going with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment