Monday, January 30, 2012

Handy Hints

A friend of mine forwarded me an email with some amazingly handy hints. I haven't yet tried them, but thought I'd share them with you on my blog. If you do try any of the hints, please let me know!

Hull strawberries easily with a straw:

Rubbing a walnut over scratches in your furniture will disguise dings and scrapes:

Remove crayon masterpieces from your TV or computer screen with WD40:
(personal note - another great item for getting crayon marks out is baby wipes - they seem to work on all surfaces! Also, I highly recommend Crayola products as they are made for easy removal - even paint out of clothes!)


Stop cut apples browning in your child's lunchbox by securing with a rubber band:


Overhaul your linen cupboard, store bed linen sets inside one of their own pillowcases and there will no more hunting through piles for a match:


Pump up the volume by placing your iPod or iPhone in a bowl. The concave shape amplifies the music:


Re-use a wet-wipes container to store plastic bags:


Baby powder gets sand off your skin easily - who knew!?:


Add a velcro strip to the wall to store soft toys:

(personal note - I'm not too sure about this one. I like the idea, kind of, but I'd be a bit worried that the velcro would damage the 'hair' on the toy when pulling it off the wall.)


Use wire to make a space to store gift wrap rolls against the ceiling, rather than cluttering up the floor:


Find tiny, lost items, like earrings, by putting a stocking over the vacuum hose:


Make an instance cup cake carrier by cutting crosses into a box lid:


How to perfectly fold a fitted sheet:


Use magnetic strips to store bobby pins, tweezers and clippers, behind a vanity door:


Store shoes inside a shower cap to stop dirty soles rubbing on your clothes. And you can find them in just about every hotel:


A muffin pan becomes a crafty caddy. Magnets hold the plastic cups down to make them tip resistant:


Bread tags make the perfect cord labels:


Bake cup cakes directly in ice cream cones:


Microwave your own popcorn in a plain brown paper bag.


Instal a tension rod to hang your spray bottles:


Turn your muffin pan upside down, bake cookie dough over the top and you have cookie bowls for fruit or ice cream:


Freeze aloe vera in ice cubes for soothing sunburn relief:


Create a window-box veggie patch by using guttering:


Use egg cartons to separate and store your Christmas decorations:


(image credits - unfortunately I don't have image credits for any of these photos as they were forwarded to me via email. I apologise for any copyright issues!)

1 comment:

  1. Hello.
    This is my first visit.
    Your ideas are very intersting.
    I'll try some of them.

    ReplyDelete