Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Have You Ever Been Jealous of Sinners?

Wow! I read this question on "Heartprints of God's" blog. As soon as I read it, my head exploded with a resounding yes. Right or wrong, I associated "sinner" with non Christian, which is very inaccurate, because I'm the first to admit I'm a big, whopping sinner!

Anyway, the reason for my jealousy of "sinners" is so clear. I remember like it was yesterday when I was struggling with singleness wondering why and actually thinking, it would be so much easier if I wasn't a Christian because then I could stop struggling with fighting the things of the world and find a relationship without worrying about 'God approving of this situation'. Of course, those relationships I could have chosen wouldn't have been healthy ones, but at the time it would have provided some sort of companionship that I craved.

On the flip side, I remember thinking I was so glad I was a Christian, because I had a loving God who was watching over me, ensuring I didn't make any relationship mistakes that I would regret in the future. Even if I didn't understand why I was forever single, I knew that God had a reason (I'm not saying it wasn't frustrating and that I never pleaded in tears to God, asking for Him to bring me a special guy into my life).

Aside from my days of singleness, I don't remember other times for being jealous of "sinners". For this I am grateful... I'm not saying my life is perfect, but I'm so content in my life, having God play such an important in it, that I can't recall looking at a non Christian with any sort of jealousy. If anything, I look at them with sadness, longing for them to have the reassurance that I have in Jesus Christ, my LORD and Saviour.

I thank God for my faith and for Him being such a big part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment