Tuesday, November 22, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge: Day 30

A picture of someone you miss

Once again, I have covered this challenge well here, here, here and here. There are so many other people that I could cover in this challenge also, but I'll just keep with my obvious family theme here and use this picture:

This picture covers 2 people - my mum (left) and her sister, my aunty. Both are very special women in my life and both live quite a distance away so I don't get to see them very often. My mum and I have always had a very close relationship, so it's hard not living close to her now, especially raising Little Spring and missing the family support that would be helpful. Over the past 10 or so years, my relationship with my aunty has really developed. With her living overseas, our catch ups are few and far between, but for each catch up we've managed, it deepens our connection. So much so, Little Spring was named after her!

I thank God for the internet, so keeping in touch with Mum and Aunty Ellen is much easier... not to mention the great phone plans so I can even call Aunty Ellen in the States quite cheaply (or even for free, if I use Viber!).

(On a side note: any of you with iPhone or Andriod, I'd highly recommend you download Viber for free; you are then able to call anyone else with the app for free, anywhere in the world, so long as you have internet on your phone at the time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment