Friday, November 18, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge: Day 26

A picture of something that means a lot to you

It's not all together obvious, but this is a jar of "Leible Homemade Applebutter." And why does it mean a lot to me? Well, a few weeks (months?) ago, my family in the States, who I miss so very much, got together for their annual applebutter making. I was so disappointed that I couldn't be there when all the family were gathered together. The applebutter making is a huge event (much bigger than I even realised!) and occurs all day, while the family catches up. Was I jealous much?!

Anyway, to my absolutely surprise and excitement, a jar of this 'famous' applebutter arrived on my doorstep! My beautiful, wonderful cousin had thought to send this to me with a lovely card "Dearest Janelle, please enjoy this gift of applebutter from our Leible family bounty autumn 2011. May you feel all the love & hugs from Missouri!" Oh, what joy! And such amazing timing... I was having a hard day after hearing some sad news, so to have this arrive, really, literally, made my day! So, yes, I think I can say that this is a photo of "something that means a lot" to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment