Tuesday, November 15, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge: Day 23

A picture of your favourite book

I don't really have any one favourite book... I just love them all! But I decided to put "Back Home" by Michelle Magorian as today's Photo Challenge. This would have to be the one book I have read the most. In high school, I used borrow this book from the library all the time. I can't tell you how many times I borrowed it, but there was something about the book that I loved.

A few years ago - I don't know why - I thought of this book and decided to hunt it down. Borders didn't have it, but they ordered it in for me. I was so excited when I got the call that it had come in. It was a different cover to what I remember, but the story was exactly how I remembered it. I wasn't sure I would enjoy reading it as an adult, but I actually did, and it took me back to my childhood as I read it and remembered the story and how I felt reading back then.

Since buying the book for myself, I've only read it the once, but I should really read it again, for old time's sake!

For those of you that are interested, here is the blurb from the back of the book:

It is 1945 and twelve-year-old Rusty is back in England after five years in the USA. In a world of war-damaged cities, rationing and drabness, where even her family seem like strangers, Rusty feels alone and homesick as she tries to belong to two countries at once. Finally, her tough spirit leads her to a dramatic and devastating rebellion.

No comments:

Post a Comment