Friday, November 4, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Remember

On Fridays around these parts we stop, drop, and write.

We write bold and beautiful and free. Unscripted and unedited. We just write without worrying if it’s just right or not.

GO:
Such a broad subject! And so many memories flooding back just thinking about the topic remember!

Remembering my innocence... my teenage years and how complicated it seemed, but it wasn't really! I remember thinking that I would be married by the time I was 21 or 22 (was actually married at 24, almost 25!) and having my first child when I was 23 or 24 (I was 32 when I had Little Spring).

I remember as a child really hoping for this one toy ("Upsy Daisy" doll) for Christmas and I promised and promised and promised my mum and dad that if I got the doll I would keep my room clean always! I promise! Especially seeing as I would be playing with her all the time, I wouldn't have a chance to mess up my room! Obviously my parents didn't believe me, but I did get Upsy Daisy for Christmas!

I remember the day the clinic rang to tell me that I was pregnant. I couldn't believe that the nurse said that I was, because I was truly expecting another negative result. I remember calling Big Spring and telling him that he was going to be a daddy and crying on the phone quietly (I was at work and had to find a private place in the office!).

My mind is full of so many memories and I love that photos can capture so many of them!
STOP

Playing along with Five Minute Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment