Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Birthday

It's been over a week already, but I'm finally getting around to blogging about it... I had the most fantastic day, so wanted to share it with you as well.

It started off with a very lovely breakfast in bed (a "Happy Birthday Breakfast") from Big and Little Spring... bacon and eggs with a side of toast.  Yum!

Little Spring and I then headed to Mainly Music as usual for a Monday morning.  Once we were home, a dear friend dropped passed to whisk me away for lunch.  Big Spring had prearranged it so that he would look after Little Spring so I could head out for a lovely lunch.  We picked up another friend on the way and headed up to Palm Cove.
We enjoyed some delicious food.  We'd decided to go the banquets option to try some food we might not have otherwise ordered and had a giggle amongst ourselves when we realised we'd obviously been watching too much MasterChef and were analysing the food like we were Gary, Matt and George judging the contestants' dishes!  Unfortunately I was having too much fun and forgot to take a picture of the dessert (a wonderfully refreshing orange sorbet and a side dish of coconut roasted in palm sugar).  I even forgot to take a picture of the trio, so quickly snapped a photo before we got out of the car at home (L-R: Jan, Gae and me... I'm very blessed to have these ladies in my life).

Once home, I had some quality time with Little Spring and then got ready for dinner out.  I put on jeans and my heeled boots (both hadn't been out in quite some time - but with the weather cooling off, it was nice to slip into the jeans.  I don't think I'd worn my boots at all since being in Cairns and heels at all are quite rare up here, so I felt like a giant walking around the house!).

The 3 of us (the Springs) headed into the city, where we were meeting up with about 30 friends for dinner at Montezuma's - mmm... Mexican cuisine on my birthday.  Considering it's my favourite cuisine it was a fantastic way to end my wonderful birthday day!  We discovered that another new friend from church shares the same birthday as me, so we celebrated together that night.  I had a wonderful time and felt so spoilt for the whole day... I even got presents!! :o)

Here's how the day ended:
It was divinely delicious... and free because I was the birthday girl!

Thank to everyone for making my day so very special!

Just before I sign off, I wanted to share with you what one dear friend wrote in an email to me after I told her about the dinner: "Its confirmation that you are settled in up there, having 30 people along for dinner, what a blessing!".  Amen to that!  I was so warmed by that perspective and it made me cherish the dinner all the more.

4 comments:

  1. :) you can say that again 30 people! what a group! glad you had such a wonderful day! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Admittedly, some of the group were the other birthday girl's family and friends, but still, I was surrounded by friends and had to 'circulate' in order to catch up with them all... definitely a blessing!

      Delete
  2. Just talked to you on the phone and didn't realize that it was your birthday on MONDAY. Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like it was great (the icecream says it all).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yep, definitely had a wonderful day celebrating!

      Delete