Monday, June 6, 2011

Old Fashion Remedies

I'm an old fashion girl in so many ways, so it's nice when an old fashion remedy still works these days with all the advance medicines available to us.

Our household has succumbed to the flu/cold, but the doctor said that because it's viral, there's nothing we can take. Ah, huh! But, what about good old fashion Vicks VapoRub?
I put some on last night and what a relief! No more blocked nose overnight so a good solid sleep - just what you need when you're sick!

And here's a little tip that I've used for years... rub some Vicks on your feet and put on a pair of socks before you go to bed. The Vicks will work through your body in much the same way as you put it on your chest, if not better and as a bonus, in the morning, you'll have beautifully soft feet! (for more tips for Vicks uses, click on the "photo credit" above, which I stumbled across this morning!)

Another tip for Vicks: if your meerkats are fighting, hide their scent with VapoRub, by rubbing it on their noses. I've had meerkat fighting problems for years, so I'm glad I came across this website - our household will be much better for it! (I am kidding about our meerkat problem, just in case you weren't sure - our meerkats get along well and don't fight!) (Okay, you caught me out again, no, we don't really have meerkats, although my mum would love it if we did as they are her favourite animal)

What are your old fashion remedy tips that you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment