Monday, June 13, 2011

MasterChefaholic

Hi, my name is Janelle and I'm a MasterChefaholic.

Yes, I'm addicted to a cooking show! I can't help it! In previous Series, I've watched the show on and off. In Series 1, I was following Julie through, but if I missed an episode, it didn't bother me. In Series 2, I'm not even sure I watched one episode! I may have, but it wasn't intentional! However, Series 3 has me hooked. Not for any reason except I LOVE watching MasterClass on a Friday night. There have been a number of dishes I've watched being created, with some great tips for getting it right along the way. As I mentioned in a previous post, my sister-in-law and I attempted the Classic Baked Cheesecake, we think the end result was a success:
Call me crazy, but on Friday we are having visitors over for dinner and I'm planning on attempting (take a deep breath 'cause it's a mouthful) "Chocolate Marquise with Mascarpone Cream and Pedro Jimenez Poached Plums". They made it look easy (and oh, so delicious!) so of course, I can't resist giving it a go. I better have a back up plan in case it doesn't turn out... would hate for our guests to miss out on dessert because of a flop!

With all good reality TV shows, I've also (unintentionally!) gotten hooked on the contestants, seeing who is up for elimination and who is safe for another week. I don't have one particular favourite, but I do have my eye on a few people. And then there's those that I don't care if they get sent home or not. I do watch in awe as they put together dishes day by day, knowing that I could never do that... so MasterClass is my way of putting my toe in the water!

So, stayed tuned for an update on how Friday's dessert goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment