Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Fresh Start!

I thought it was time to get a new look for my blog and while I was at it, a new name! So, what's in a name? Well, the most obvious is the fact that Spring is my last name! Other reasons for my new blog name:

- I love the season Spring. The weather hasn't gotten too hot yet, (I'm not a hot weather kind of gal - ironically, we are now living in Cairns, so God does have a sense of humor!) and Spring brings new life; the plants are so green, the flowers full of colour and there are baby animals all around! What's not to like?!

- Speaking of new life, as a Christian, we have the ultimate new life in Christ. Easter, as suitably celebrated in Spring in America is proof of this. And although Easter as the 'one day a year' event has passed, we can celebrate Easter and our new life every day! That's pretty awesome!

- Starting this new blog, I feel like I'm 'Spring Cleaning" cyberspace. Over this week, I've been thoroughly cleaning the house from top to bottom and moving things around (you know when you move into a new house, you find places for everything, but after living there for a while, you realise there's better ways of putting things?)... well, I thought I should extend that cleaning to my blog... when I first started my original blog, I didn't come up with a catchy, interesting blog name. However, with all my friends' blogs that I keep up-to-date with, I was inspired to come up with something a little more creative. Admittedly, it's only a small leap from my original blog name (The Springs), but much softer and and not quite so rigid!.

So, "Forever Springtime"... appropriate, don't you think?!

(NB: If you want to keep regularly updated on new posts, you can either subscribe by RSS feed (see the link to the right) or via email (add your email address in the box to the right). Too easy and it means you'll never miss out on a post... which means I need to make sure I'm staying on top of keeping this blog up-to-date! Also, I'd love it if you clicked on the "Follow" button so I can see who's interested in my Blog, thanks!)Link

No comments:

Post a Comment