Sweet Chilli Chicken Lettuce Cups with Steamed Rice
Prep Time: 20min (plus 1-4hrs marinating); Cooking Time: 35min; Serves: 4Ingredients:
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 spring onion, thinly sliced, green and white sections separated
500g chicken thigh fillets
Olive oil, for baking
2 cups water
1 cup long grain white rice
12 baby cos lettuce leaves
1 medium carrot, juilienned into 2mm strips
4 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
2 Tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- To make the marinade, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and spring onion whites in a large bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180oC (160oC fan forced). Remove the chicken from the fridge and place on a lightly oiled baking tray and cook for 30-35 minutes, or until just cooked through. Turn once after 15 minutes.
- Bring a small saucepan with the water to the boil and prepare the rice according to packet directions.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and stand for 5-7 minutes. Transfer chicken to chopping board, reserving pan juices. Thinly slice chicken into 1/2cm strips and place in a large bowl. Add remaining pan juices to chicken, add spring onion greens and carrot, mix well.
- To serve, spoon chicken into lettuce cups, garnish with sweet chilli sauce and coriander and serve with rice.
Recipe Source: Coles Supermarket local catalogue.