Sunday, May 4, 2014

2014 Girls' Weekend in Sydney Day 1

Last year 4 friends and I headed down to Sydney for the Hillsong Colour Conference, plus other adventures on a girls' weekend.  We had so much fun, that we decided to do it again, adding one more lady to our group!

Once again it was an amazing trip, which I can't wait to share with you here.  So, without further ado...

We excitedly set off on our big city adventure and were greeted by this limo for our transfer to the hotel:



We got dressed up for a lovely dinner out:


Following dinner was the highlight of the evening... off to see The Lion King stage show.  Here's what I wrote on FaceBook regarding that amazing evening...

Oh. My. Goodness! How am I ever going to get to sleep tonight? I'm on such a buzz from the Lion King. A-maz-ing. Like a childhood dream come true. Crying at the beginning in awe of the costumes and squealing with delight that where we were sitting (box seats!), is where the show started... One of the characters stood right beside us while the spotlight shone on him/us while they sang the opening 'credits'! A truly wonderful night that I will never ever forget. 
 An inundation of photos to follow, but I can't help it!  It was a magical night that I will never forget!


An unexpected surprise as part of the Box Seat seat experience!

An amazing view from our Box Seats!

I can't believe that one of my friends was actually able to capture this moment.  A little naughty, but I'm so grateful she got this picture!  This shows the very beginning of the show, with the character right there beside us (that's my head to the right!)


Some fun after the show... the Rafiki character is from the Madame Tussauds exhibit, not the real thing!

And that was the end of Day One in Sydney.  To start off on such a high, it was going to be hard to top that!

Stay tuned for further posts on our adventures in Sydney!

No comments:

Post a Comment