Sunday, September 2, 2012

Retreat

Retreat: Yes, I went on a women's retreat last weekend, but I'm not talking about that retreat in this post (I hope to post about that another time though).

I'm talking about a personal retreat.  I'm longing for one.  I need one.  I'm desperate for one.  This past week has got me thinking about many, many things.  Assessing my life and realising how ridiculously busy it is.  Realising the unrealistic expectations I've placed on myself.  And realising that I don't think I actually know who I am anymore.  I have no doubt about my role as a wife and a mother, but beyond that, I've been thinking a lot about who I actually am as a person.  Who I really am and assessing why I do the things I do.

I want to go away for at least 24 hours and spend time in prayer, meditation, devotion and answer some tough questions I've asked myself.  This morning when I woke up (well, when I got woken up by darling Little Spring - no sleep in for me!), I started to write down all the questions I want to answer... 4 A4 pages worth of questions.  I'm now in the process of trying to track down some sort of resource that will help guide me through all these thoughts swirling around in my head.  If you've ever come across any sort of 'personal retreat' resource that you can recommend, I would really appreciate you passing this information on to me.  My focus really is "who am I".  I need God's guidance through this, but if you have any suggestions for resources, specific bible readings for me to mediate through, etc. that would be super helpful!

(image credit: taken by my Aunty Ellen)

No comments:

Post a Comment